As most of the country prepares to set their clocks forward this weekend for Daylight Saving Time, my thoughts are pondering those individual words: Day, Light, Saving, and Time. In our lives, we are greatly affected by those words, wouldn’t you agree? Whether we’re trying to save money, wishing there were more hours in the day, wondering where the time has gone, or desiring the sun to shine more often to lighten our moods (it’s been raining here a lot lately!). The list is endless, and we can so easily get caught up in the woes that those words can bring.
Whether you love the extra light in the evenings that Daylight Saving Time brings, or if losing that hour of sleep wrecks your whole week, would you allow me to offer some Biblical encouragement as we step into this new season?
May the following words of scripture remind us that our hope is in the Lord, that our days and our time are His, and that we should spend them wisely. And may we always remember that He is our Light and our only path to a saving grace for eternal life!
- Psalm 118:24 “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
- Psalm 139:16 “You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.”
- Matthew 6:27 “Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?”
- Colossians 4:5: “Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of your time and of every opportunity.”
- John 8:12 “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
- Matthew 5:16 “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
- Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.”
- Romans 10:9 “Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
For more about this author, please visit —-> www.TonyaWeeks.com